Wednesday 19 October 2011

Eco thoughts:

The more I think about my clothing range the more I realize that it is in fact eco-friendly. We hear about the exploitation of workers and the mass pollution that clothing factories make, so if everybody made their own 'DIY' clothes this problem would not arise.With this in mind, I have bought material from a local sewing and knitting shop which has benefited them, and I have bought wool from John Lewis which although a chain store, does not exploit its workers. People shop at places like Primark for cheap and fashionable goods. However, Primark does exploit cheap child labour which is completely unethical. I think creating one's own clothing not only gives the person a unique and beautiful wardrobe but also helps the environment and is cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment